Question

chunky003

Credit Karma says that I have a closed account - not true!
Credit Karma says that my Cap One card was cancelled/closed. This has never happened. Why is this listed as such? How can this be removed?

Check with the Cap One folks, make sure this isn't a transfer of the card to someone else (I have a card started as GM Capital, went to HSBC is now Cap One).  You can also pull a complete copy of your credit report for free at www.annualcreditreport.com and see how it is reporting there.  If any information on your report is incorrect, you need to dispute it with the creditors and bureaus.  Best of luck!

Credit Karma posted that my Cap One account limit was reduced.  I called Cap One and they said nothing had changed.  My opinion is that CK triggered an alert so that I'd log into the site.  CK is a free site, which they make money off of advertising, and can only get you to click ads if you're on the site.  I think you get my idea.