Question

bsam80565

Credit Karma says I have a mortgage and credit cards but I don't
When I logged into my account it had me fill out a questionnaire regarding my credit and payment information. When it asked me what my monthly payments are I couldn't answer due to me not having a monthly payment, or mortgage, or any line of credit whatsoever. Now, I can't "verify" my identity because I don't know the answers to questions that shouldn't be asked in the first place because if I do have a credit card, or a mortgage then it is unbeknownst to me. I certainly didn't apply for them.

Most Helpful Response

Credit karma's unethical practices

After also being told i have a mortgage loan out as well as a student loan when i used none of the above credit karma wouldn't let me go

The exact same thing just happened to me but I've never had a credit card. Ever find out anything on that??

Hi bsam80556,

This is a standard process for verifying your identity for financial institutions. An answer of "none of the above" is always provided, and is a valid answer. 

Hcossa00

My fiancé had the same thing happen. He has never had a mortgage or auto loan. He has never applied for any.  He answered none of the above to those questions and when his account with credit karma came up it said he had no score, no report, no history. How can that be if he has had a credit card before, leased an apartment and applied for a credit card, thus should have an inquiry on his credit. . Now, because of those questions he thinks his identity has been stolen.  is it normal practice to ask ppl which institutions they held loans at even when they never have to see if they will select none of the above? There has to be other ways to check identity rather than making people freak out that their identity has been stolen because of the questions you ask.