Question

JHShanas

Credit Karma says I have a good chance of being approved for a Capital One credit card.
But my biggest delinquency on my credit report is for a Capital One credit card. Will I automatically be denied?

The recommendations come from the credit card companies that advertis her (and they also pay for the site so we can use it for free) and are based on partial information just like the 'pre-approved' credit card applications you get in the mail.

Capital One DOES forgive, even if you've had a delinquent account with them in the past, they will still deal with you. I would not trust the recommendations here. I suggest going directly to the Capital One website and checking the "preapprovals", if you see anything in the preapprovals you should be safe to actually apply as their preapproval is usually pretty accurate. If no cards come up, then your probably should not apply for any. If need be, get a Secured credit card for rebuilding credit.

capital one

i have read that many people have had delinquent accounts with CO in the past and still get approved for a new credit card. don't let that be the only reason you hault your search for a new card. you may still have a chance. go to their website and check their pre qualified page.