Question

leftylu2000

Credit Karma referred me
To Lending Tree to consolidate my credit cards, so I applied. They turned me down flat and would not help me. Referred me to One Main, which is one of my credits I was going to pay off. So I will continue paying the credit cards high interest rates like I have been doing and pay them off eventually. My credit score dropped after Lending tree looked at my credit report. Any suggestions for me?
WAY TO GO CREDIT KARMA ! ! !

Most Helpful Response

Reality Check!!

When you apply for credit, there are many factors that a potential lender looks at that may not be on this site.  There are 3 major credit reporting bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion).  TransUnioin is the one this site gets information from.  Lending Tree might get their information from one of the other reporting bureaus. 

In case you were unaware, it costs money to set up and maintain an internet site.  The credit cards and financial institutions that advertise on this site are the ones who financed its set up.  They may look at other factors on your credit repoerts to make the decision, not the ones this site used to recommend the card/account for you.  So you can blame your own credit/employment/address (too many moves hurts) or other factors for your not getting the loan.