Question

antsofcourse

Credit Karma Payment history is confusing
I have made every payment on time for at least the last year - why does the percentage still reflect 96%? This does not make sense & is not accurate. Please advise.

Most Helpful Response

Is the percentage significantly different between TransUnion and Equifax (on your account)?  If so, that might be a web site bug.  (I have complained about it in another thread.)

Your Credit Report Card includes payment history for the past 7 years. Recent behavior is weighted more heavily, though. 

If you had late payments within the last 2 years, that affects your credit score.  I can't answer questions about Credit Karma website, you'll need to email questions to support@creditkarma.com.

Big Difference in payment history

I have been trying to rebuild or establish my credit. To explain I never had credit, no credit cards or auto loans, never need it. I graduate from college 1996 and was paying my student loans on time. In 2009 - 2010 I worked as a state employee for the state of California. Long story short, due to California not budgeting their budget I had to survive 268 days on IOU's. I did the deferments and anything I could to keep my loan on track. I finally had to make a decision to quit my job in California (which disqualified me for unemployment insurance) (it was either quit or go bankrupt) and moved to GA and got a job in late 2011. Had allot of debt to clean up, rent, utilities, student loan, etc. I was able to pay off all my debits plus interest after I finally received my pay from California in Mid 2013. When I got to GA my credit was in shambles due to the factor of your common bills that you pay regularly do not get reported to credit bureau until you go delinquent , which in my opinion is just wrong, but anyway I was able to work with those creditors and I have gotten all of that removed from my credit report, the only thing that is on my credit report now in my Student Loan(State Board of Education will not work with you) and Arron's.

My dilemma is that on my TransUnion report it has my payment history at 100% and on my EquiFax report it has my payment history as 0%, that is a huge difference. I opened my Arron's account in 2012 and have paid off all the items I purchased without being late once that is to include paying my student loan on time as well. I have no credit cards, no other loans  my score are TransUnion (667) and EquiFax  (571), so why is there such a big difference and how do I correct?