Question

ricps69

Credit Karma is suggesting a Credit Card Consolidation. Could I still use my cards?
If I consolidate my credit cards as Credit Karma is suggesting, could I still use them or would all of my accounts be closed and would I have to get new cards?

Most Helpful Response

When you consolidate, you don't close the accounts.  You could still use the cards.

jwsister

When you consolidate, whatever credit limit you get on the new card will be added to the credit limits of the cards you are consolidating and the increase can improve your credit score.  That is what happened to me.  The cards I consolidated had high interest rates so they are getting paid quickly through a zero interest consolidation.  But I still use a couplew of them periodically just to keep them active.  You DON"T want to cancel the old cards.  Try the credit simulator to see how that will affect you.