Question

sbrown9324

Credit Karma is score is WAY OFF!
My Credit Karma Score is completly different from my actual Credit score when pulled by an actual Bank. Credit Karma is not even close to my score, way off, Big lie. I have come to the conclusion that this is just a marketing tool for certain businesses to reach a certain type of customer. I am very disappointed

Most Helpful Response

30+ points lower!?!?

I work so hard to keep my scores up thanks to CK however I did not want to go apply for a mortgage until my credit was excellent. I went to the bank when CK said my two scores were 758. I applied, and my mortgage broker told me my middle score is 720 something. I told her that's impossible because my transition and Equifax werre the same at 758. She asked me how I knew and I told her I was a constant user of CK. So now I'm ****ed off that I couldn't get the mortgage amount I wanted because of the false info CK provided me. I think it's best we part ways. Although CK is free, I can't trust a company that provides false info. 

CK way off for me too.

After working for months to raise my score I was thrilled to see my credit karma score hit 661 from 509 3 years after bankruptcy.  My mortgage lender pulled my scores today and my transunion score ( which is what CK says it uses) was 630.  30 points LOWER than credit karma.  I am so disappointed and I feel my hopes were needlessly raised.

way off

My score was 60 points lower as reported by a credit card company upon acceptance of a credit card application originating from CK. the core problem lies with the "credit bureaus" not being secretive and not forthright with the American people. It's antiquated, deeply flawed, and kept that way just like the tax code. There is no excuse in this day in age not to reform and standardize. I am the sole provider for a family of 4 and my credit has bumps and bruises because of it. My autistic stepson who has no real concept of money, makes 3000 a year has a 775 score and owns nothing has a 775 score. I am a workhorse with 15 years seniority at a great paying job and couldn't even finance a used car at one point. But my rental history is flawless, utilities are flawless, and it seems a lot of good is overlooked but the bad things get caught with the fine tooth comb. It's unfair, and I'm over it. Even though now I have 16k in open credit, I could care less because I finally figured out credit cards are actually portable loan sharks. The system stinks,

Gimilzor

Ok. Credit Karma's scoring system is just disgraceful.   My scores are high on credit karma.  My equifax is 780.  Not bad. I believed that I could lease a car for a good monthly payment. I go thru and negotiate the lease of a truck.  Finance gives me a great price if my credit score is 740+.  Credit Karma says i have 780 so was confident i would get the low payment for my lease.  My credit unions finance pulled my EQUIFAX score ane it was 697.  83 points lower then on  Credit Karma.

It was a humiliating experience.  I could still lease the vehicle but it would cost me $70 more per month.  So it was going to increase my least amount by $4,200  over the life of the lease.

This told me right then and there that Credit Karma if full of B.S.

The scores on here do not mean anything. Credit Karma is just a service that tries to get you to use other credit cards of loan company's . I am sure Credit Karma gets a commission for every person that signs up for some of the finance services you get tricked into gettting on this site.

disgusted in Dallas. 

Wrong Scores !!!

My score is way off also. . Credit Karma just updated the same day  transunion and was speaking to a agent there when i asked about the scores they told me a different score than they show here. Asked credit Karma after a three day wait they send me to a link they created?? This was helpfull They will just send you around and around never answer your questions.

Agreed

Mine showed me at 641... made me unnecessarily worried about my credit score, considering ALL THREE of my scores were over 100 points higher than that.

Would be a very useful site if it was actually accurate =\

This site sucks

My scores are over 100 points higher on 3 other sites, that all use the 3 major companies. Credit Karma has no clue what my actual score is and should be shutdown. They're trying to make you think you need to raise your credit by applying for a credit card, when that's not even close to true. If I has paid for this service I would sue them, so luckily it's free. Spend the money and get an accurate report from somewhere else, like creditreport.com

I AGREE WAY OFF

CREDIT KARMA SHOWS MY SCORE 52 points LOWER THAN IT ACTUALLY IS 

Completely wrong!

Much like many others, my credit score on CK hasn't moved ONE point in 7 months(????) and I just found out today(by having it pulled by a bank that my mom works at) my score is (on average) 64 points higher! 

I agree

My score is off by over 60 points, and has been for many many MANY months. CK is just a tool for targeting speficific people as you said. They make their money on adds, most specifically the ones for other credit cards.

Yes and it's not just CK!

I applied for a home mortgage yesterday based on the COMPLETELY FALSE "warm & fuzzy" provided by CK (TransUnion), Credit $e$ame (Experian) and Qu!zzIe (Equifax) and was deined due to low credit scores. The lending agent was kind enough to show me my three scores for the three bureaus, and in each case my REAL score was about 40 - 80 points lower than the scores fed to me by CK, CS, and Q scores. What a CROCK O' DOO-DOO! I'm so ****ed off! What a waste of time.

The lending agent did tell me that each credit bureau uses a different algorithm to calculate a person's credit score, and that he is guessing the reason for such a large variation is because the free sites (CK, CS, Q) obvioulsy use a different algorithm.

Why why WHY is the information that these a-holes use to determine our credit worthiness held captive and diliberately obfuscated!?! It's like some evil troll under a bridge that makes you solve a riddle in order to pass.

I hope you are enjoying your slavery.