Question

benaglsarelife

Credit Karma is saying I have an open account but I paid it months ago?
I have a credit card opened through a retail store. I've used it a couple of times but spent small amounts of money that I knew I could pay off right away. The very first payment I made on the card was a few months ago and I paid it a couple of days after I used the credit card. I've used the credit card two other times since and have paid them both off too. Credit Karma is saying that the first payment has not been made and the account is still open. And it's listed that I have credit card debt because of it? Can anyone explain please!

Just because a balance is paid on an account it does not close the account, so a credit card account with a zero balance will still be an open account. Please take some time to do some further reading on credit, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. I just want to add, it is usually never a good idea to close any accounts if you are in the process of building credit. Also be aware that there is a lag time before you see payments reflect on credit reports or here at Credit Karma.