Question

Catalinette

Credit Karma is not all they brag about
I just had my credit and scores checked via a mortgage loan officer and discovered that Credit Karma's info is off by over 30 points, which is huge. It has shown the same score for me for months, no adjustments, and it's just plain wrong.

There are tons of ads all over the site for new credit cards. I think it's a scam, they're just acting like they're offering info so they can get those ads in your face. So disappointing.

Most Helpful Response

CK's scores are just a guess!

CK scores are never the same as what may appear somewhere else. Each finacial company has their own way of figuring out your score. You will get different scores from all 3 of the CRA's, and your FICO score will be different to, All on the same day.  you need to realize that YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT SCORE WITH EACH COMPANY.

To get an exact score, CK would have to do a "hard inquiry" on your report, and no one wants that. it is just an estimate.  Ck is nothing more than a tool for you to see whats going on your report. 

All those credit cards that they advertise are paying for the site, so we don't have to. Ignore them... I do.

The "Vantage Score" on here is probably closest to your FICO score, Mines usually within 5 points either way.

CK is a great tool. I have used it for almost 2 years and have been able to pull my score from the low 500's to over 750.  There is a lot of great advise here. If you use it you can work wonders with your credit.