Question

Scottkre

Credit Karma is free and the scores they post are bogus
Credit Karma says I'm a 761. My loan office says to never go by what Credit Karma says. They showed me I am a 702 using same Experian report

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma is a teaching site, not a credit bureau.  The scores here are approximations based on partial information from the two credit bureaus that provide the information.  The loan office may use a different scoring method than is shown here (Vantage).  Most do, and each will vary. Some banks or finance companies use FICO.  There are numerous ways to determine a credit score so no two sites will be the same and none will be wrong, either. 

icuhowie

The Scores here are Valid Credit Scores not approximations  just a Different Score Model.

Sometimes "bogus" in a good way

My FICO scores are actually higher than those reported by CK.  It works both ways.

You Don't have Just ONE Credit Score!

Your Loan Office folks are stupid.  If they can't tell you the difference the different between the different credit scores then I would not use them. 

Between the 3 major Credit Bureaus you have close to 100 Different Credit Scores.   The 2 Credit Scores that Credit Karma supplies are part of that 100 also.