Question

dhcredit15

Credit karma inaccuracies
Over the past three months, I have been working with all three bureaus to correct my credit. Credit Karma is still showing account balances for those which are reported as zero balance or paid in full.

How can anyone consider Credit Karma reliable when you are so far behind correcting information from the three credit bureaus?

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma report is incorrect

I have an account showing to be in collections. This is not correct, I forwarded my dispute to TransUnion and the item was removed as incorrect. This is a misleading "free" site!

it takes 30 to 45 days to filter thru

the system.  It's an old fashioned behemith of a system and it takes time for it get updates 

you don't mention when you paid off those balances but give it some time. 
I bet that if you walked into a bank or other ccreditor right now, they wouldn't have updated info either, since your file is actually only updated once a month. 

Addison170

Actually, your credit file is updated any time a data furnisher (your creditors and collectors) report a change.  As a rule, data furnishers report to the bureaus every month (I've heard some only do quarterly, but not sure if that is true).  Each data furnisher chooses the day they report to the bureaus.  So, your report could actually change every day.  Any time your creditors pulls your report, that is a snapshot of your credit information FOR THAT DAY.  It could change tomorrow.  Just wanted to clarify that.