Question

drjr69

credit karma FICO score 644 my barclay card 660 and my GE/walmart card 664 , this today.
cannot understand why i have 3 diff. scores , need explanation , thank you.

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma is a guide not Gospel

Credit Karma is just a tool to observe your credit picture.  I have seen a spread of 20-40 points on the FICO score on my Discover card.  The good news is that I look better on FICO than on Credit Karma.  Credit Karma is a tool for me to reduce my credit card debt.  I look forward to a day when all of my balances are ZERO.  Credit Karma is like jumping on the Bathroom scale knowing that it is a bit higher than reality!  I appreciate Credit Karma being there for free and it is an easy score card for me to reach my goal of NO DEBT!!!

I am at High School weight but have too much debt!  Credit Karma is like going to the gym and toning up and losing weight (debt)

Each credit card company has their own scale for determining a credit score and each checks one mor more of the three credit reporting bureaus.  The one here is not a FICO score, but is based on information obtained from Transunion, and is only to be used on this site in the learning process about credit, which is what Credit Karma is all about.....teaching people how to build and use credit..  You generally have to pay a fee to myfico.com to get a fico score.

If you were to ask Experian, Equifax or Transunion for your credit score with them, you will be chargwed a fee and you will find that each has received different creditor information (creditors do not report to all three credit bureaus, but usually only one) and they each have their own scoring system.

I don't have a Barclay card or ge/ walmart card

Credit cards

I don't have a Barclay or Walmart credit card