Question

isomda

Credit inquiry issue
I have a ck score of 714 and I was pre-approved for a chase freedom credit card and ck says I have a very good chance to get a blue cash credit card...
When I use the credit score simulator, me applying for a credit card will take my score from 714 to 615 this is a huggeeee drop.. I only have 2 inquiries at the moment, with credit karma, 1with experian and equifax but 4 with transunion.
Is this drop normal?? Any advice for me? I need another credit card (I only have a secured card for a $300 limit, loan with conns for 1years and 11 month(inquiry will disappear this March) And another retailer card for $3500that is 4 months old.

I just need advice cause I thought it would only drop my score by few points.. And how long does someone have to wait before he goes for another credit pull?

Yes, Its not unusual for your score

to drop when you apply for new credit.  It usually only take a couple of months for your score to rebound once your get a new card as long as you make the payments on time. 

I would wait to open a new card. you say that one inquiry will drop off in march. Since the store card is only 4 months old, I would apply after that inquiry drops off.  I suggest not opening a new accounts more often than every 6 months.

Take recomendations on CK with a grain of salt.  I have heard of many people that apply and are denied. I only apply for credit when i get a "pre-approved" offer in the mail. and only if i like the terms.