Question

Radostin

Credit inquiries
I just applied for American Express Cash Back Preffered but got declined. I have a letter stating that I`m pre-approved for Chase Freedom so my question is if I apply for it are they going to put a second inquire or it will be considered as shopping and the inquire will be only one for the both cards?

Most Helpful Response

It will most likely count as another hard inquiry. I've applied for an auto loan before and had 3 different hard inquiries posted on my credit report from each bank they financed through. I believe the same would apply for credit cards, but I've never experienced it as I have only applied for one credit card at a time regardless of being approved or not.