Question

shaybab

credit help for a 20 year old student
I'm in need of some serious help I am 20 years old college student. I have a very low score. I also an unpaid loan and a unpaid bank account but I didn't think it will become that low. I wondering if I pay off both of those payments will my credit go up. What are the best ways to build credit? Please help!!!!!

If you can pay off those past debts, do it. It will take 7 years for them to fall off your report. If you don't have any more delinquencies, you would still be young while improving your score. Once those debts are paid, they will become less significant over time, and your score will gradually improve.

To help your credit move up faster, get a secured credit card from a bank (put a few hundred on it), then make small purchases with it and pay it off. After enough time doing this, the bank will unsecure the card and you'll be on your way.