Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

emnin1

Credit good but not active
My credit score is good but I haven't had an active credit for over 10 years

can I get a personal loan

My credit score is good but I haven't had an active credit for over 10 years. I was approved for a morgage at 2.99 rate. I have another option to pay cash if I decide to not take the loan at closing. If I do I would need 10-15k for a personal loan to do it. Is there any banks I can get a personal  

loan with that will accept me not having active credit witght now but a good credit score? 

Take out the mortgage, the rate is good.  Keep it in good standing for a while, this will give you active credit.  Then down the road if you want to pay off the mortgage you may have enough equity to not have to borrow the extra money.  If you want active credit you have to be ACTIVE,   I used to pay everything in cash until I found out it shot my credit.  So now I am back to utilizing credit.