Question

happyfatmonkey05

Credit going down and I can't figure out why!
I opened my very first credit card in October of this year. I've read all the articles about keeping a 30% or less utilization at the reporting date, and then paying in full by the due date. I did this for the first month, and I got my first credit score of 622. The utilization was close to 30% at that time, and I made sure to pay the balance in full after the reporting date.

Did the exact same for this month, utilization close to 30% but less, let it remain that way until the reporting date, and am going to pay it off in full before the due date (which isn't until after my next pay check :)), but my score went down 8 points! I used the credit simulator, and it said if I continue to pay like this, my score will continue to go down!

It doesn't make any sense. The simulator also said my score would go down if I got any new credit. So according to credit karma, apparently nothing I am able to do will prevent my score from going down.

Does anyone know why this may be, and how to stop it from decreasing? My only thought is to have an even lower utilization.

Make sure you didn't have any new inquiries or accounts move into collections from just Past Due.