Question

ShyamSundarAn

Credit Enquiry affecting credit score
I have only credit card from CAP ONE which is a secure card where I have made my own deposit and keep paying off regularly. This CC is close to 6 months old.
I applied for 2 more credit cards from the recommendations made here on credit karma and 2 days later I see that there are 2 hard enquiries and my credit score has dropped by 7 points. I also dont know the status of my CC applications.
If my CC applications get approved, will my credit score go up again? how are the points deducted based on hard enquiries? is there an average number per enquiry?

Most Helpful Response

Inquiries only count for 10% of your credit score, so that's pretty small hit.  If you are approved, then you score may drop a bit at first, but as you make payments it will increase, takes 4-6 months to start seeing positive movement.  Also, the "recommendations" here are really ads, don't believe them.

ShyamSundarAn

Great explanation, Thanks!