Question

prettyleodia

Credit Dispute: Capital One or TransUnion?
I am finally getting back to trying to improve my credit. According to my report I have an open credit card with a balance slightly over the limit. Problem is that I don't remember ever getting this card!!! It has been open since 2006 and payments have been on time, but I'm not the one who has been paying it...

I don't know who.
I have no idea why, if it was actually me, I would open a credit card at that time because I had just been awarded plenty from a personal circumstance. I had No Need for a credit card. I don't know my log in information for this credit card company, I do not have the physical credit card, nor any receipts of payment. Should I call, or write this company with the dispute or go through the option of disputing it with Transunion (via the CreditKarma site)?

I would call Capital One and if a phone call does not resolve the matter dispute it with the credit bureaus that are reporting it.