Credit Declined Despite Good Credit
I applied for the AMEX Blue Cash credit card based on my credit score of 707 (TU) and 709 (EQ). Understanding that approval is not guaranteed, my approval odds was rated good. Needless to say AMEX declined my request. Will this lower my credit score? Has anyone out there been in this same situation? If so,have you ever tried to negotiate with the reporting bureaus to get a hard inquiry removed from your reports? If so, what was the outcome? Lastly, why doesn't CK report on all three bureaus?

Any input is much appreciated!

Most Helpful Response

As funny as it seems the charge cards are the "easiest" to get.  I got my PRG and Delta with a 662 fico and my ED card with a 680 fico score.  It is not just your score but also what is in your profile.  On a side note I also had a Amex many years ago and did not burn them in anyway.  So that might have helped.

Credit arma does not report to any of the credit bureaus!  It is here to TEACH about credit and uses information obtained from two of the credit bureaus as part of the teaching tools.  And it is FREE to us, thanks to the generosity of the credit card advertisers.

I tried for an AMEX card through Costco even though my credit scores here were in the mid-700s and was denied twice.  Not a big problem, though.  They based their decision on information from Experian, and I already have enough credit cards, so they don't deserve my business.  This year I bought a brand new car at less than 3% interest and that would have been impossible just 10 years ago.  I have to than Credit Karma for the education that helped make this possible.

Inquiries have little impact on your credit score for the first year and are gone after the second.  I learned that by reading all the information provided here.  It's amazing what you can learn after a few minutes reading. 

Amex is a harder card to get overall... A fair portion of their business is still Charge Cards - Where you are required to pay the balance off entirely each month, and not Credit Cards.  From all I have heard, you pretty much need really good credit (Think high 700s at least) to get approved for an Amex card. 

Technically, you would not be able to have this hard inquiry removed from your report. You Authorized it by applying for the card. The only way you can ever get a Hard Inquiry removed, is if it was done without your authorization, and you can prove it. 

You may see a slight dip in the score from the inquiry being done - but that bounces back after a couple months.