credit co put me in paperless billing then reported a 30 day late when I didn't pay the nex mth.
This really ticked me off. I NEVER enroll in paperless billing for the very reason that I might forget to pay a bill. Some companies are very sneaky about setting up their web pages so if you fail to select a button you are automatically enrolled in paperless billing. Capital One just did this to me and after 17yrs of PERFECT payments they reported a 30 day late when I didn't pay. Like many (I am guessing) I keep a stack of my bills on my desk in chronological order and pay them as they come due. I may pay as many as 30 bills a month so if I don't have a paper bill I don't remember to pay! I thought it was a pretty messed up thing to do.