Question

mikeyblazzze

Credit Cart Utilization Question - Please Help
I had bad credit and no credit cards so i got a secured credit card to rebuild my credit. Once the card registered, my credit score went way up. I was using the card for gas once every two weeks only and would pay it off well before the due date. Since i was paying it off, i was using it BUT my card utilization was at 0%. I was told i should build my utilization grade and leave a small percentage on my credit card so my utilization grade goes up and it will look better on my credit report. I changed my utilization to 10% and yesterday it finally registered on here. My utilization grade went up of course BUT it dropped my score WAY down (by 50pts). I was almost at a 700 score and now it brought me back below 650...How can this be better? I don't get it. Should i go back or leave it this way?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Letter Grades here that CreditKarma supplies are UseLess,  Do not let the Letter Grades dictate how  you deal with your Credit.

So then is it better to pay off balances before the due date like i was doing before or leave a little utilization on the card?  I am seriously contemplating going back to my old way and having a higher score.

Thanks