Question

Jodonnell7

Credit care opened and closed
I have a capitol one credit card that was compromised by Target stores. Capital one issued another card to be on safe side yet I was penalized for it and shows as a closed account then reopened. I am not happy about this and feel this should be changed as to not affect my credit score. It went down -4 points. I hope you will change this as it is not fair. Also, I have had a credit card that went through bankruptcy 5 years ago and it is just now being closed and shows that on my report. This is also affectng my credit negative when I have continued to repair my score. How long will it take to become higher and continue to get better? Frustrating when you are trying to rebuild .

Most Helpful Response

Credit History

As far as the bankruptcy,  It is part of your credit history and will show on your report for 10 years.  Nothing you can do about that.  As far as the Cap One account.  What they should have done is to leave the account open and just issue a new number to the account. (one of the reasons I don't like Cap one. They never seem to do whats best for the customer, just whats easiest for them).  Nothing you can do about it now,.  a 4 point drop is not going to hurt you unless you are trying to get a mortgage tomorrow. 

It should bounce back with in a month if nothing else negative doesn't show up on your report.

Good Luck