Question

BCD398

credit cards not showing on my credit report
Hello,

I've recently filed for bankruptcy because of a foreclosure. I've reaffirmed one credit card and my auto loan. All of my credit cards are in good standing and have never been late. Looks like the only thing hurting my credit now is the bankruptcy and the average length of open accounts (2 yrs 8months).

I have a few credit cards and an auto loan that have been open for longer than the average length of time showing on my credit report, but they are not showing. If I can get these accounts to show up on my report, I think it would boost my score immediately.

What is the easiest way to get those credit cards and my auto loan to show up on the 3 major bureaus? Do I have to contact the credit card companies, or the credit bureaus? Is there an easier one-all method?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Most Helpful Response

You can't make them do so!!

It costs money and time for a business to be able to report to a credit bureau, which is likely why most businesses don't do so.  They select one bureau, and that's it!

However, potential creditors may be able to get information from all three credit bureaus to use in determining whether or not an individual is granted future credit.

Because you filed bankruptcy, your score is going to be low and will remain that way until the bankruptcy period has passed.  Then you will have to rebuild your credit.  There are no short-cuts.

My account age also is short, but what is shown on this site is what is available from Transunion, which is the source for the information used.  It is useful enough as is as a tool for us to see what could work to improve our credit scores.  I'm trained in accounting and find it just fine for that purpose as it is.

BCD398

Thank you for your reply!

I'm about 3 months removed from my banruptcy and my credit score is just a hair below 700 according to Transunion. Am I lucky, or is it because I have very good credit besides the bankruptcy (for a foreclosure)? 

Do you know of any other ways? I can send the bureaus the history of my car payments and older credit cards. Will they report it if I sned them statement histories?

Thanks again!