Question

dadoftwo407

credit card utilization with low credit score
I am trying to fix my credit and have a question, I am an authorized user on a credit card that has a 100% utilization if I ask the person to remove me from their credit card will my credit score drop or rise? I have a score of 590 and that is the only credit card I have on my profile.

Your lucky somebody is helping you out, but it's better to have a credit card where you are the owner., Having late payments, derogatory information, length of credit, hard inquries all affect your credit report/score. If you have loans with high limits can also affect your report/score.

I would first try to get a secured credit card under your own name.  Then get removed from the other persons credit card (you may find that harder than you think as creditors do not like removing a person to after for the money).  If you get removed from the other credit card first you may not have a scare at all.

100% utilization is not helping your score a great deal, other than a bit of an increase for the credit amount of the card. You should be able to call the creditor and get your name removed. Authorized users reap the rewards, but have little to zero liability for the charges incurred.