Question

beaker628

Credit Card Utilization
I have one credit card using 77% of its utilization, and one credit card completely paid off at 0% utilization. Is it better for my credit score to leave it that way, or should i transfer half of it to my other credit card, putting both their utilization percentages at around 40%?

I don't think that matters so much, I think it's overall utilization that is the most important.  However, if you had the opportunity to transfer the balance to a card with an interest rate lower enough that you would save money even after any balance transfer fees, that would be a possible reason for transferring the balance (or part of the balance if the destination card had a lower limit).  But NOT for the sake to just to shuffle the numbers.  I read somewhere from someone that it might be better to have your utilization concentrated to less cards, than have it spread out over several (at the same overall utilization rate).  I do NOT know if that's true!!  But I've never read anywhere that spreading it out is going to look better!