Question

Anastassia91

credit card utilization
I used my credit on purpose for the first time to try and start building my credit, i used only 22% and paid it on time however its showing it dropped my score by 53 points!! why?? and what can I do to bring it back up??

Most Helpful Response

Scores fluctuate all the time

Just using your card and paying off for one cycle does not prove a history.  

in simple terms, It went down because the lender reported that you used it,  30 days after your paid it the lender will report that you paid it, Your score should go back up. Use it regualrly and it shows lenders that you can manage it.  That's when your scores will stablilze and not fluctuate with just a little use.