Question

imawordman

Credit Card Usage
I have an Amex EveryDay Card which I use - shockingly - every day and a Capital One card which I do not use. Because I don't use the Cap One Card at all, will it report "no usage" on my Credit Report, which can hurt a score?

Most Helpful Response

Hey imawordman, not using one of your credit cards shouldn't hurt your score. FYI, Cap One likes to see activity a month or so before they give limit increases. I have 14 cc and don't have any balances and my FICO score is in the 800's. My utilizaition score is 0. I hope this helps!

imawordman

Thank you.  I'll keep the card for emergencies, but will continue to NOT use it and see what happens.  Thanks, again!