Question

Billabill81

Credit Card to help build credit?
I have bad credit and I recently have been able to start paying on my student loan and that alone has helped my credit score. I was wondering if i got a credit card and made my student loan payment with the card then paid off my credit card instantly from my bank account to avoid intrest on my credit card would that help me build my credit quicker or should I wait till I receive my credit card bill to pay it?

If you pay in full before interest hits it will still build your credit. Maybe even better because you are not reporting a high utilization rate to the credit bureaus. If you let it report to make sure they update for the month never let it report more than a few percent of your total credit line.

if you use a Credit card to make payment

wait until you receive the statement then make your payment.  If you pay it before the billing statement, It will keep your utilization low, but it will not show activity. (less impact on raising your score) Just pay before the Due Date to avoid interest.

.