Question

Weber1

Credit Card Security Protection
Prior to a trip overseas, I closed a credit card account that was not chip protected, and opened another that was chip protected. The credit card I closed did not offer a chip protection option. Why did my credit score drop, when I was doing something to enhance my credit security?

Because you ed your accounts.

You probably should have just cut up that card and not actually closed the account. It would have shown as an open account and not reduced your available credit. It would have reported positively for at least 7 years after they close the acct for inactivity. (Usually after 3 years of non-use) and by closing the acct you shortened the average age of your accts.

good luck.