Question

lisamariemd

Credit Card Search
I have just started getting my credit score to where I almost want it. I would like a credit card but afraid of the hard inquiry which would lower my score of 710. I am looking for a good secured credit card that would increase my credit score. Does any one have any suggestions? lease on the experienced people provide an answer to this question.
Thanks Lisa

lisamariemd@yahoo.com

Go to your bank

I always suggest that you start with the bank that you already do business with. 

Open a savings account if you don't have one, then ask them to link a secured card to that account. 

It is the easiest way i Know of. 

With a 710 score, I don't think you need a secured card. Your bank should be able to give you an unsecured card. If you don't think they would, a credit union would;. I rec's a 5k limit card from a credit union (and I opened the account at the same time as applying for the card (and btw, they also gave me an 18k auto loan at 2.89 % at the same time. 

Do yourself a favor and go to a credit union. And btw, most credit unions will only pull one credit report (secured cards like capital one, openskycc.com do inquiries on more than one credit bureau - knowcking your score down on each bureau). So the hard inquiry will only show on one (ask them which one they pull before you apply).