Question

Dmoed3

Credit Card payment history
I have had credit cards for about 8 years now but the only ones still active have been from 3 years ago and the rest were closed. I have only had 3 late payments ever, but unfortunately it is on the most recent card that is still active. My payment history doesn't seem to calculate all on time payments including old inactive accounts, because if it did my percentage would be a lot higher. Should I close the credit card account that has those 3 late payments on it.

Closing the card is not going to remove the negative information from your reports. The late payments will remain on your reports for seven years from the time of the occurance. Don't close the card as doing so will cause you MORE damage in other ways. Make sure that you designate plenty of time to read everything that you can about credit.

"Always read before you proceed"