Question

tochantal

Credit card paid off
I paid off my capital one credit card completely and I'm wondering how long it takes to show up on Credit karma? I would like to know because I would think that that would raise my credit rating.

Credit Karma is here to TEACH how credit works and they obtain information from two of the three credit bureaus. It takes a bit of time for payment information to reach credit bureaus, then for the information to get to Credit Karma.

It could take up to a month or so to show up on here, but probably not that long. It doesn't really matter when the info updates on Credit Karma as Credit Karma is not a credit bureau and lenders will not get your information here. Be aware that according to many members on this forum that there is some type of glitch going on that is causing scores to drop when paying down credit card debt, this is NOT the case in the real world, just a glitch here, so don't be worried if this happens to you. As I advise to others, check your FICO scores every now and then.