Question

moonstruckbemused

Credit Card on my account opened before I was born
I am reviewing my information and there is an American Express card with a large balance. I do not have American Express, and it says the card was opened in 1987... but I was born in 1989. What do I do?

Sounds like an error

And they are common on credit reports.  So, you go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Go over them very carefully and file disputes on all wrong information with the credit bureau reporting it.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the items.  You'll want to do this check-up once a year to assure accuracy on your credit reports.

Same thing!

I have almost the same exact thing!  There is a Capitol One card on my account that was opened in 1987.  I was born in 1990.  There is not a balance on mine.