Question

AlisonBEE

Credit Card Offer and Credit Score
I have poor credit, but i keep getting offers from credit karma for capital one credit cards to help fix my credit. I already have a credit one credit card. Wouldn't getting another credit card lower my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Offers that you see here are direct from the lenders and not from Credit Karma. In some cases it would help and others it would hurt. I feel that the key indicator is if your present card company is automatically, without asking them, occasionally rasing your limit for you. Only then would I consider another card. And by then there would likely be better cards available.

Read the terms and conditions, and interest rate disclosures good before you even consider a new card.