Question

AlexJLAA

Credit card not paid for two cycles, when it became past due, and my score was reduced 100 points
I forgot that there was a $150 balance and was not informed by bank until I received an email when it was past due (two months after the fact). I immediately paid it off but my score was hit hard. How can I reverse or improve this?

Most Helpful Response

That is bad.  Late payments (60 days at that) are bad and yes you will see a score drop.  First set up your credit card for at least min payments so that you are never late again.  Then I woud send a goodwill letter to your credit card company saying what happened and see if they will remove it.  You might have to send them every month for awhile but they might do it if you have been in good standing with them for awhile.