Question

Missgorgeous22

Credit card husband put me on I didn't know I was on now have poor credit
My husband put me on his capital one emergency credit card a while ago. I never thought twice about it, now when I check my credit score it says poor credit due to it and 4 late payments!? I need help, as I don't know very much about credit. I've had a Wells Fargo credit card for well over a year and haven't had a late payment. Now I find this out, how'd o I fix this?? Thank you

Most Helpful Response

Contact Capital One and tell them you weren't aware you were an "authorized user" on this card and want to be removed from it.  It will take 30-60 days for the account to be removed from your report.  If it isn't go to www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute it with all three bureaus, telling them it is not your account and needs to be deleted.  You should get it removed fairly easily.  Best of luck!