Question

Holdthedoor

credit card forced closed
My grandfather, who was the acount holder, passed away. I was not warned about the card being canceled. I logged on today to find my card had been forced closed and my credit score shot down 35 points from both reporting agencies. Can i reverse this point damage, or do I have to just walk up hill through the snow again to bring it back to what it was?

Do you have any other credit cards? If not, get yourself one. Check the preapprovals and different credit card company websites, maybe consider applying with the lender that just closed this card, since you have a history with them they may have offers for you. Keep an eye on your FICO scores, they are the important ones and read all that you can about credit so you can know how grow it.