Question

FrenchToaster

Credit Card for CS of 400?
Okay, I just got a credit card about 6 months ago or so. I've had a job for about a year, got a second job in December.
My mother cosigned for me on my credit card, and she had a high 600 score back then.
We got a new car around August, she had 3 credit cards by this point, so all seemed well..
Anyways, at the dealership, the financing department figured they'd help me to build my credit as well since I had really nothing on me other than my credit card.
I cosigned on her car, everything went well for awhile, I had a 550 credit score as of about January/February (I had a $500 credit limit and I used almost all of it, but Ive ALWAYS been on time) and when I went to the credit union to try and see if they'd get me an auto loan (I was also in a car accident recently, car got totaled) and I was denied.
They told me my credit score was 400, they were shocked as well since it dropped so severely. I found out my mother was behind severely on her car payments... which explains how I dropped so much.
Im not sure if her being behind on her credit card payments has anything to do with my score either, though Im not even listed on them, but she caught up with her payments and I plan on contacting the financing company to remove myself as a cosigner.
So anyways, I need to start rebuilding my credit so I'm able to get back on track, possibly get a car, etc.
What are some good cards to help rebuild?
Sorry for the long post!

Get yourself off your mother's loan. Have her get another loan without you on it. If this isn't possible, then make sure the lending company contacts you if a payment hasn't been made on time. Never, ever, cosign on a loan for someone again unless you have collateral  of some type along with a written agreement. Friends and family typically make poor business partners. 

You might need to rebuild your credit with a secured credit card. After they've seen regular prompt payments, they will increase your credit limit. From there, you will begin getting offers from other credit cards.