Question

Dvbail67

Credit card discrepancy
There are two credit cards listed on my report that are not mine. They belong to my mother and I am just an authorized user on them. Why are they appearing on my report? Is this correct? How can I get them removed?

Most Helpful Response

Write a letter

You can write a letter to the CRA's asking them to verify the accounts. If the accounts are not yours they will remove them. It usually takes about 30 to 45 days.  I have found that a credit card company will add a signers name to the account of an elderly person  in an effort to make sure there is a surviving account holder should the original account holder should pass on.  This happened to me with my father.  

You can find a template for a "letter of validation" on line. it's fairly simple to do. (google:  Credit Info Center.       I believe they have a free template on line) 

Good Luck