Question

AngaleeOConnor

Credit Card debt- consolidate or keep history?
When a credit score is being determined, is it better to consolidate two cards to one with a lower interest rate or keep the CC history. I have noticed that time with an account is considered in a persons overall score.

ask yourself do you have a huge amount of debts or does your few debts total a huge amount? also look into how old your debt is if your debt is with in a 4-5yr range I'd suggest to let time take its course and eventually in a couple at most 3 more yrs given your debt is about 4yrs of age then it'll be considered zombie debt and fall off your report. now if you have recent debt with in a 2-3yr range and your debt is over 6-8 thousand then you may want to look into a settlement either you can offer to pay a large lump sum to settle the debt or agree to make payments for the settlement with the agency(ies) handling your accnts. if that route doesn't seem to work out your last destination is debt consolidation services. my personal opinion I WOULDN'T GO with debt consolidation only cause my debt is older then 4-5yrs and in a couple yrs it should fall off.