Question

I52hlp

Credit card debt
I have 25,000 on one card and have not been able to pay anything for over 7 years. I heard I may not have to pay this anylonger. Is this true?

Yes, that is true.  The account should drop off your report 7 years from date it first went past due.  Beware that some scam debt buyers may try to contact you to scare you into paying - threaten to report them to the FTC and the CFPB if they do.  Just to be safe, you may want to check the statute of limitations (that is the creditor's right to sue) and make sure the state doesn't allow more than 7 years (I'm willing to bet not).  Just Google "Statute of Limitations" and your state and you'll find the info easily.