Question

kelgoran

Credit Card Companies' Online Savings Accounts and My Credit Limit
Discover and Capital One both offer good online savings accounts. If I were to open an online savings account with them, would they take this into account the next time I ask them to increase my credit limit? If so, how beneficial would this be?

Most Helpful Response

you could give it a try!

Its pure speculation, but as far as I know CC and banking are 2 different divisions of these companies.  I would think that they would but there is no reason to believe that you can rely on it.  As a rule, creditors don't care what you have in the bank, only how you manage credit.  (one of the reasons that bank accounts don't show up on your credit report)  

Thanks

Thanks Eddy.