Question

findout12

credit card closed due to inactivity
i just found out one of my credit cards with a 0 balance was closed by the bank due to inactivity. it's only a year since using it. i only used it for large purchases. it was paid in full. they didn't even give me notice. that action that I had no notice or control over, caused a 4 point drop on my credit score! is there anything I can do about that?

Most Helpful Response

Sorry, but keeping a card active by using it once in a while helps keep your score up.  The creditor had no way of knowing if you were still alive and they don't like keeping inactive accounts on the books.  Just another of life's lessons.