Question

Pandamoose

Credit card closed by creditor?
I recently received a letter in the mail that a credit card I've held for a good deal of time was closed due to inactivity. I received no warning that it would happen they just went ahead and closed it, and then sent me a new card a few weeks later (i called and they confirmed that it was in fact closed). Now my score has dropped 6 points because of them closing it. Is there any way to dispute the change?

Credit Card Closed

I have the same issue. My credit card company sent me in the mail that my account was closed to inactivity. Now my credit report shows that I closed it. My credit score went down becasue of the card being closed out and my overall credit went down based on the limit on the card I didnt close.  How in the heck do you fix that????

Not uncommon.

Companies have to pay staff to keep up with their accounts and don't need to keep inactive accounts in their "Receivables" column.  There is enough to do without that hassle.  So, inactive accounts will get closed and removed from the books.

That is why it is smart to use credit cards periodically (once or twice a quarter) to keep them active.