Question

toolman1990

Credit Card Charge off effect?
I have had 10 Credit Cards that were charged off due to financial difficulties. I have paid off all of my credit card in debt in full on October of 2014. I know those charge offs will be on my credit report for 7 1/2 years. Does a charge off have less effect on your credit score the older the charge off is? I have applied for a Capital One Secure Credit card which I was approved for to try to rebuild my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

Negative marks do lose their punch as they age. Maybe get one more Secured card in six months or so.