Question

djballard78

credit card charge off
Many years ago, I had credit cards through Providian and Wamu. I included them in my Chapter 7 bankruptcy several years ago and was fully discharged. They now show up in my reports as charge offs from Chase and I've tried disputing them with the reporting agencies with no luck. Any thoughts on where to start with Chase on getting these off of my reports?

How many years ago?  The accounts could remain on account for the 10 years it takes for a Chapter 7 to disappear from your credit report because they are part of your credit history.  There is no way of removoing same before that time due to requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a federal regulation.

djballard78

The chapter 7 was about 4 years ago. The 2 accounts were discharged and suddenly showed up as charge offs within the last 2 years. I'm wondering if I can somehow contact Chase directly to dispute this as I've had no luck disputing it through the reporting agencies. These accounts were discharged before Chase took over Providian/Wamu, so I'm hoping that maybe during the merger, something got lost in the shuffle that I can get it fixed.