Question

Stephanie0503

CREDIT CARD CARDHOLDER
I'm on my ex husbands AmEx card as a cardholder only but what I didn't know is that the debt, payments, everything is going on my credit as well. Its $6k right now with $6,500 limit. The balance is slowly going down but should I have my name removed from it? I of course want to do what's best for my credit. It's a 2 year old account. Thanks!!!

Most Helpful Response

$6000 on $6500 means your pushing 90% which is severally hurting your score....also your scores are connected if he misses a payment on this card your score will suffer which is 10x worse then losing 2 years of credit history even if this is your only card or your first card because then your history would start at your 2nd opened card if you r got removed from this card which I HIGHLY reccommend because you are allowing someone else to control your financially life which could be devastating....unfortunately if your name isnt on the account (ie he just gave you access to the account with a card with your name on it) the only one that can remove your name from it is your ex.....best of luck