Question

petlvr4life

Credit Card Balance Transfer - Closed Account - Credit Score Dropped
I recently did a balance transfer from Capital One to my bank's credit card because the interest was much, much lower. My bank sent a check to Capital One and paid off both of my balances (I had 2 cards). Capital One automatically closed both of my accounts, even though a) they were both paid off and it should say "paid in full", and b) I did not ask them to close the accounts. My credit score has now dropped 21 points. Is there anything that I can do?

Probably not much that you can do. Not really that big of a hit anyway, what Capital One did to you was wrong in my eyes. Keep reading the info on the net on how to increase credit scores and check your FICO scores from time to time and in some time your credit will be better than before. Work on getting that bank credit card paid down. High utilization hurts scores.