Question

RandallVA

Credit card balance paid down and my score dropped?
Last month CK informed me that reducing my Card balance to the next "level" would increase my score. So I reduced the balance from $1100 to $900 and todays update shows my EqI fax score dropped 46 points???? Why?

It seems like the VantageScore scoring system gets a bit screwy at times. I've had CK simulator say that increasing my balances to max would raise my score by 30+ points. I would check to see how it has affected your FICO scores. CK scores are just educational scores anyway. Most lenders will use some form of FICO, usually 08. Good luck! I hope your score has actually increased afterall!